Have you been looking for the best tonneau cover for RAM 1500, 2500 & 3500? Still, don’t know what the best merchandise is for your truck? Worry not. This post is for you!
We will provide you with comprehensive product reviews to help you decide which truck bed cover perfectly suits you.
Indeed, trucks give us a more extensive space for our cargo’s needs. They can transport and carry nearly everything.
However, the truck beds of these vehicles are exposed to harmful elements that might destroy them or the belongings they carry.
Securing a tonneau cover is an excellent solution to this dilemma. It comes in several types.
The most common soft or hard one protects the trunk from damage caused by water, snow, or dirt.
- 1 Comparison Table of Best Tonneau Cover for RAM 1500
- 2 Buying Guide: Facts to Consider Before Purchasing Best Tonneau Cover for RAM 1500
- 3 Top 10 Best Tonneau Covers for RAM 1500, 2500 & 3500 Reviews and Buying Guide
- 3.1 01. Tyger Auto Tri-Fold Truck T3 – best tonneau cover for 2020 ram 1500
- 3.2 02. MaxMate Roll Up Truck Bed Tonneau Cover | Your Vehicle’s Gas-Optimizing and Weather-Resistant Refuge
- 3.3 03. Gator ETX Soft Tri-Fold Truck Bed Tonneau Cover | 59201 | The Survivor of the Rainy Seasons
- 3.4 04. TruXedo TruXport Soft Roll-up Truck Bed Tonneau Cover | 285901 | One of the Most Economical
- 3.5 05. Gator ETX Soft Roll Up Truck Bed Tonneau Cover | 53205 | Made in the USA – Made with Industrial-Strength for Maximum Sturdiness
- 3.6 06. MaxMate Tri-Fold Truck Bed Tonneau Cover | Superb Tension System with Gas-efficiency Features
- 3.7 07. Tonno Pro Tonno Fold 42-200 TRI-FOLD Truck Bed Tonneau Cover | Rubberized Seal to Protect Against Moisture
- 3.8 08. Tyger Auto T1 Roll Up Tonneau Cover (TG-BC1D9046) | With Velcro Strips for Optimum Sealing
- 3.9 09. BAKFlip MX4 Hard Folding Truck Bed Tonneau Cover | 448207 | Most Popular Truck Bed Tonneau Cover of 2019
- 3.10 10. Tonno Pro LR-2020 Lo-Roll Black Roll-Up Truck Bed Tonneau Cover | The Ulitmate Low-Profile Stylistic Tonneau Cover
- 4 Types of Dodge Ram Bed Cover
- 5 FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) of Ram 1500 Bed Cover
- 5.0.1 What are the other popular terms for a tonneau cover?
- 5.0.2 How do I install my cover?
- 5.0.3 How do I clean a truck topper?
- 5.0.4 Can covers be transferred from one truck model to another?
- 5.0.5 Can the topper be car washed?
- 5.0.6 Where can I find the serial number?
- 5.0.7 I need to replace some parts of my cover. What must I do?
- 5.0.8 Where can I buy tonneau covers?
- 6 Final Thoughts
Comparison Table of Best Tonneau Cover for RAM 1500
|Tyger Auto Tri-Fold|
|MaxMate Roll Up|
|Gator ETX Tri-Fold|
|TruXedo Soft Roll-up|
|Gator ETX Soft Roll Up|
|Tonno Pro TRI-FOLD|
|Tyger Auto T1 Roll Up|
|BAKFlip MX4 Hard Folding|
|Tonno Pro Roll-Up|
It also prevents thieves from stealing your belongings. It provides privacy, ensuring that folks cannot see the contents of your tonneau.
Moreover, driving with a truck bed cover prevents air from flowing inside it. This helps avoid the dragging motion that slows down your automobile.
Thus, your truck becomes more aerodynamic and would be fuel-efficient in the long run. Follow our guide to make your own tonneau cover at home.
Buying Guide: Facts to Consider Before Purchasing Best Tonneau Cover for RAM 1500
These are the points you must ponder on before investing in a truck bed cover:
01. Size of the Cover
Are you regularly loading common things like pieces of luggage, groceries, and tools? Or are you hauling heavy loads and tall objects like appliances?
Getting answers to these questions will help you determine how much area of your trunk bed you will need to cover. It gives you an idea of what type of cover would fit your needs.
02. Access to the Bed
Do you regularly require quick access to the entire bed? If this is so, find tonneau covers that are foldable, retractable, and are made with hinge designs.
Investing in the following would save you time and effort because they are easily removed or maneuvered.
Or are you the one who prefers keeping your things in your trunk for quite some time? Then the truck caps mentioned above are not for you.
Moreover, if you occasionally load and unload large objects, then perhaps a bed cover would not be necessary for you.
03. Ease of use
Find the one that’s quickly closed and opened. This will allow you to load and unload cargo swiftly.
There may be times when you will be forced to leave your vehicle and your valuables. Having a tonneau cover will protect your possessions from robbers.
Select the style that suits your preference, but that would maintain a low profile. This will keep the thieves away.
Go for a tonneau cover that can be quickly and easily assembled. Make sure that it has the drill-free and toll-free features.
The majority can be set up in a matter of 5 minutes to an hour. The installation time would depend on the mechanical abilities of the one doing the nitty-gritty.
07. Your Truck’s Bed Liner
Over the rail and under the track are the two kinds of bed liners for trucks.
Under the rails can be easily mounted with toppers. However, those over the fences might encounter difficulties installing one, especially if the track is inside the bed. It tends to squeeze the cover.
It is advisable to consult with an expert before deciding what product is best for you.
08. Compatibility to Other Accessories
Pick a cap that will not hinder the other parts or accessories of your truck from functioning. Make sure they are compatible with each other to avoid problems in the future.
09. Level Of Maintenance
Using retractable toppers needs the rails to be frequently lubricated for improved performance. Meanwhile. Must protect soft ones covered in vinyl from the sun’s destructive rays.
10. Weather Defense
Is your area always experiencing wild rains, snow, or the intense heat of the sun?
There are covers designed to be wrapped over bedrails to deliver excellent protection against these situations.
There is a wide array of options available for you to choose from. Soft covers may be built using vinyl or cloth, while hard ones often come from fiberglasses, plastics, and aluminum.
The harder types are suggested if you desire optimum defense against outside elements. Meanwhile, the softer versions are best when you need to quickly and easily access your stuff.
Top 10 Best Tonneau Covers for RAM 1500, 2500 & 3500 Reviews and Buying Guide
Below is a compilation of product reviews to guide you in picking the best tonneau cover for RAM 1500, 2500 & 3500:
01. Tyger Auto Tri-Fold Truck T3 – best tonneau cover for 2020 ram 1500
- Material/s Used: Top-quality dual-coated vinyl (marine-grade)
- Weight: 30.1 pounds
- Bed Length: 5.8 feet
- Product Dimensions: 72.5 x 25.5 x 4 inches
- Style: Soft tri-fold
This first-class tonneau cover offers an easy installation. It requires no drilling on your part and comes with pre-assembled crossbars for additional support.
It is made with high-quality vinyl and can offer full coverage to give your cargo the ultimate protection it needs.
It has a steel clamp to keep it intact so that. Will not easily dismantle it from your vehicle’s rear.
This is also very durable, with the ability to tolerate different weather conditions.
The item is lightweight, which lessens the aerodynamic drag on the automobile. This paves the way to an almost 12%-gas saving on your part.
“One downside of the Tyger Auto T3 Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover TG-BC3D1015 is it is way thinner compared to other covers, which other individuals may not like.”
Nevertheless, even if it is thin, it is formulated with excellent materials. It is easily installed and very affordable.
It even comes with accessories for you to use and give you a superb experience.
- Manufactured with first-rate materials
- Optimizes gas savings
- Designed to give full coverage and protection
- Fragile cover material
- Not so elegant in appearance
02. MaxMate Roll Up Truck Bed Tonneau Cover | Your Vehicle’s Gas-Optimizing and Weather-Resistant Refuge
- Material/s Used: Tear-resistant vinyl.
- Weight: 27.1 pounds
- Bed Length: 6.5 feet
- Product Dimensions: 75.5 x 11.1 x 5.1 inches
- Style: Soft Roll Up
This is very easy to mount because drills are no longer part of the process.
It has horizontal crossbars that are already assembled for easier access to the handler. Like the Tyger, it has a clamp that acts as a holder for greater ease of use.
It is designed with a tear-resistant vinyl and aluminum frame, making it resilient to scratches.
It is very robust and guaranteed to last for a while.
The product has a regular locking feature, which keeps it securely closed. It prevents water and dirt from penetrating.
A seal on the hinge is even provided to protect it from snow or rain, which may damage the items on the vehicle.
“Unfortunately, there are instances where moisture still manages to infiltrate the vehicle even when protected by the MaxMate Roll Up Truck Bed Tonneau Cover.”
It is also highly economical as it can help you save up to 13% of your fuel expense. This is somewhat better as compared to the Tyger in terms of monetary savings.
However, this is proven to be durable and is very cost-efficient in terms of fuel optimization. Its unswerving lock system is also one of the reasons this is worth the shot.
- Has an excellent durability
- Incorporated with hinge seal for weather defense
- Provides you with a free LED light
- Moisture may still penetrate
- It is too soft
03. Gator ETX Soft Tri-Fold Truck Bed Tonneau Cover | 59201 | The Survivor of the Rainy Seasons
- Material/s Used: Vinyl (Tear-Resistant)
- Weight: 25 pounds
- Bed Length: 5.7 feet
- Product Dimensions: 64 x 20 x 8 inches
- Style: Soft Tri-Fold
In less than ten minutes, the item can already be mounted in your car. It does not require using any tools for it to be installed. It even comes with a pre-assembled cover and bars for extra support.
It is equipped with a unique tri-fold feature for easier accessibility.
If you want to have the items placed at the upper part of your vehicle’s trunk, you can open one part of the cover. Meanwhile, if you’re going to have full-bed access, then you can fold it three times.
Just like the other covers, it is constructed with a tear-resistant vinyl cover.
It also has an aluminum frame and a bent bow, letting the snow particles or rainwater slide off.
“Sadly, the supplementary bars of Gator ETX Soft Tri-Fold Truck Bed Tonneau Cover-59201 may become bent in the long run.”
This comes with a tailgate seal that has tight buckles to prevent it from being opened while driving. This is very effective in protecting your items from getting contaminated with dirt.
Nevertheless, it has a rainproof and tight seal feature that efficiently protects your cargo from damage. It also keeps your items intact even when the drive gets bumpy.
- Resilient to tears or scratches
- Requires no tools when mounting
- Tailgate bolts are of low-quality
04. TruXedo TruXport Soft Roll-up Truck Bed Tonneau Cover | 285901 | One of the Most Economical
- Material/s Used: Quality leather-grain fabric and vinyl
- Weight: 6.5 pounds
- Bed Length: 5.7 feet
- Product Dimensions: 80 x 6.5 x 6.5 inches
- Style: Soft Roll-up
. Can assemble this object within 20 minutes as it would not require any drilling tasks. It is built with excellent vinyl and leather-grain fabric.
It is equipped with double paddle seals for optimum safety. You can easily unlock it if you need to get something out of your truck bed.
“The only downside I have noticed is that it may allow water to penetrate because it is not flawlessly attached to the tailgate.”
The product is in a roll-up style; thus, it does not need to be removed when handling taller items. It has a slim feature that you would not even notice it is mounted on a vehicle.
However, this is very worth keeping because it has several good features and is not that pricey.
- It tends to be not tightly attached to the tailgate.
05. Gator ETX Soft Roll Up Truck Bed Tonneau Cover | 53205 | Made in the USA – Made with Industrial-Strength for Maximum Sturdiness
- Material/s Used: Leather grain-textured vinyl
- Weight: 25 pounds
- Bed Length: 6.4 feet
- Product Dimensions: 5 x 5 x 5 inches
- Style: Soft Roll Up
This merchandise is loved by many because they can quickly install it. It has clips for easier fastening and unfastening, which is helpful when loading/unloading items in your truck’s trunk.
It is engineered with an industrial-strength leather grain textured vinyl to ensure maximum resilience.
It keeps your automobile’s bed safe and sound through its tight seal, which can withstand even extreme weather conditions.
This also enables your things to be protected from thieves even when you have an open tailgate.
“Perhaps the only disadvantage of this model is the clips. They tend to keep on sliding down, thus allowing water from getting in.”
Nonetheless, Gator ETX Soft Roll Up Truck Bed Tonneau Cover-53205 is strong enough to protect your truck and cargo from harm.
- Tool-free installation
- Engineered to be durable
- Clips keep on unfastening
06. MaxMate Tri-Fold Truck Bed Tonneau Cover | Superb Tension System with Gas-efficiency Features
- Material/s Used: marine-grade vinyl (dual-coated)
- Weight: 36 pounds
- Bed Length: 8 feet
- Product Dimensions: 72 x 37 x 5 inches
- Style: Soft Tri-fold
It comes with a laidback and drill-free installation. It is also budget and environment-friendly as it saves approximately 13% of gas usage.
This merchandise is dual-coated with 1.5 pounds of marine-grade vinyl for premium stability. It comes with side rails and clamps that are made with powdered aluminum.
Both side rails have an adjustable tension system enabling the cover to stay firm. The clamps have Velcro strips and heavy-duty locks for extra security.
“The sole shortcoming of this item is it is not as slim compared to others which some consumers find bulky and unpleasant.”
It also has strong crossbars for exceptional support. This also makes folding not burdensome.
Even so, MaxMate Tri-Fold Truck Bed Tonneau Cover is outstanding in quality and is reasonably priced.
- With Velcro strip-clamps for added security
- Quite heavy
07. Tonno Pro Tonno Fold 42-200 TRI-FOLD Truck Bed Tonneau Cover | Rubberized Seal to Protect Against Moisture
- Material/s Used: Tear-resistant double-sided vinyl
- Weight: 32 pounds
- Bed Length: 6.4 feet
- Product Dimensions: 73 x 31 x 5 inches
- Style: Tri-fold
It is already pre-assembled and is drill-free when mounting. It takes as fast as 5 minutes to set up.
It is designed to deliver the highest quality at a cost-efficient value. It has aluminum frames and a 24-ounce damage-resistant vinyl.
It also comes with free gloves, vinyl cleaner, Tailgate seal, and removable LED light. The light can be attached inside the loading area using Velcro strips to help you load and unload stuff.
”Unfortunately, if you go for a fast drive, it tends to rattle, which some would find irritating.”
The seal is made of rubber, which is waterproof. This guarantees ultimate wetness protection to your things.
You can also save money as it reduces up to 13% of gas consumption.
Nonetheless, this merchandise has an outstanding water defense that efficiently avoids damaging your cargo.
- Has waterproof lock
- With free accessories
- May make a rattling sound when you’re driving too fast
08. Tyger Auto T1 Roll Up Tonneau Cover (TG-BC1D9046) | With Velcro Strips for Optimum Sealing
- Material/s Used: Marine-grade vinyl and powdered aluminum
- Weight: 23.7 pounds
- Bed Length: 5.7 feet
- Product Dimensions: 75 x 9.5 x 5.2 inches
- Style: Roll-up
Setting up the product is convenient because you do not need to make drills which makes it very user-friendly.
It is made with a powdered aluminum rail that is hooked up to the bedrail. This adds to the sturdiness of the cover.
The sides are tightly sealed using Velcro strips to prevent them from getting easily detached.
It takes pride in its horizontal bars because it gives extra support. It makes the centerfold stronger, which is often the weakest part of Tonneau covers.
The horizontal design prevents the cover from sagging due to the accumulation of water or debris.
“Unfortunately, the rails would reach above the bedrails. When loading cargo from the side, this can be a problem as it may beat upwards on the rails.”
Still, Tyger Auto T1 Roll Up Truck Tonneau Cover TG-BC1D9046 works best in giving full coverage. Its sides are safely sealed due to the Velcro strips incorporated in it.
- With horizontal rails that prevent sagging
- It is generally durable
- Rails are up above the bedrails
09. BAKFlip MX4 Hard Folding Truck Bed Tonneau Cover | 448207 | Most Popular Truck Bed Tonneau Cover of 2019
- Material/s Used: Heavy-duty aluminum matte
- Weight: 8 pounds
- Bed Length: 5.7 feet
- Product Dimensions: 69 x 23 x 8.5 inches
- Style: Hard Folding
This has a quick installation feature which is very convenient to the user. It is built to have panels in heavy-duty aluminum matte for superior resistance to ultraviolet rays and scratches.
It has a lock with an injection-molded frame and has a high-density foam center to promote longevity.
“The only disadvantage of using this is it may not give you absolute protection as it has inadequate stealing-protection features.”
It comes with a dual-action sealing tailgate that permits the trunk to close regardless of the cover being folded or not.
Nevertheless, this is very user-friendly and cheap that you may not want to miss out on it.
- Easy to mount
- A bit heavy
10. Tonno Pro LR-2020 Lo-Roll Black Roll-Up Truck Bed Tonneau Cover | The Ulitmate Low-Profile Stylistic Tonneau Cover
- Material/s Used: Marine Grade Vinyl (Dual Coated)
- Weight: 32 pounds
- Bed Length: 5.7 feet
- Product Dimensions: 72 x 11 x 5 inches
- Style: Roll-up
This is a lightweight trunk cover weighing 32 pounds. It may not be as heavy as others, but it does not compromise in terms of stability.
It is manufactured with premium-quality vinyl. Its frame is covered in a powdered aluminum alloy. This is highly resistant to tear or scratch; thus, your truck bed and belongings are in good hands.
“Sadly, the clamps are somewhat fragile; thus, dirt may penetrate the trunk of the vehicle.”
It has clips that are attached to the bed rails for added support. Tonno Pro LR-2020 Lo-Roll Black Roll-Up Truck Bed Tonneau Cover also looks so fab and smooth.
However, it is not a total show-off; thus, it does not attract unwanted attention coming from potential thieves.
Even so, the stability it offers to consumers makes it a worthy investment.
- Stylish but safe against thieves
- Relatively lightweight yet stable
- Tends to have fragile clamps
Types of Dodge Ram Bed Cover
These are just some of the various kinds of covers:
This is manufactured for rough usage. It is usually coated with aluminum or steel.
It is a one-piece covering commonly made of fiberglass. It pivots up when opened. However, this may be a bit pricey compared to others.
It folds up when you slide it open. It usually has locks. This is very accessible and easy to mount.
This is affordable and easily removed. Sadly, it cannot provide maximum security to your belongings as it is easily rolled up.
Nevertheless, it only takes up a small space and is quick to install.
The soft types are usually cheaper than the ones made with hard materials. However, this may not always be the scenario.
You better visit company websites and online shops or go to the physical stores to survey price ranges.
Some online shops or sites give substantial discounts of up to 50% on each item. Just make sure that you are transacting with a legitimate seller.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) of Ram 1500 Bed Cover
What are the other popular terms for a tonneau cover?
It is also called a topper, truck cap, tonneau cover, truck cover, tonneau cover, or tonneau cover.
How do I install my cover?
Most covers can be installed in a few minutes by one individual. It is usually attached to the bedrails of your truck.
Please check the manual given by the manufacturer or the company’s website for more details.
How do I clean a truck topper?
It is easily cleaned and washed.
Hard ones are washed with a car washing solution and water, while they must use soft caps with a special cover cleaner. Find a filter that gives Ultraviolet protection.
Buy one that is of top quality and must not contain toxic chemicals. It is encouraged that you use a cleaner with biodegradable ingredients and have a pH balance.
Can covers be transferred from one truck model to another?
Yes, it is often transferrable. However, some covers are explicitly made for a specific truck model in which it may not be suited to fit other vehicles.
You may check the length of its bed size and other product dimensions for comparison.
Can the topper be car washed?
Yes! They are built to be sturdy and robust to withstand a carwash session.
However, to be sure, please talk with an operator before doing so.
Where can I find the serial number?
This is usually engraved under the rear bar of the cover. It generally begins with a letter, then followed by numbers.
I need to replace some parts of my cover. What must I do?
Bear in mind that there are specific parts that may no longer be replaceable. Nevertheless, you can always ask the manufacturer’s customer service department for more assistance regarding this matter.
Where can I buy tonneau covers?
You can search the web for online shops and company websites that are put up to sell these merchandise. You can also visit local or physical shops and personally talk with their representatives for a more comprehensive buying experience.
Investing in a bed topper is one of the best upgrades that you can give to your vehicle. It will surely give you the theft protection, weather defense, and gas optimization you need.
The wide array of available products in the market may bring confusion. Hopefully, this guide helped you select the right one.
You are now equipped with facts that you need to ponder before purchasing the best tonneau cover for RAM 1500, 2500 & 3500. It is time to decide which is perfect for you and your truck. Good luck!
Did you find this article helpful? Write your thoughts in the comments section below.