The best speakers for jeep wrangler sound bar rests solely on your budget and taste for good sound. You are reading this article because you want to get serious with the music coming out of your Wrangler jeep.
It is cold, and it is necessary you understand that there are different sound kits and upgrades also. Changing the soundbar is not the issue, but knowing picking the best for your Jeep Wrangler is equally essential.
- 1 10 Best Speakers For Jeep Wrangler Sound Bar
- 1.1 01. The Mopar Jeep Wrangler Having A JK Kicker Upgrade
- 1.2 02. The Rockford Fosgate R16742 Prime
- 1.3 03. The Polk Audio DB651 6.5”/6.75” Speaker
- 1.4 04. Pioneer TS-A1680F A Series
- 1.5 05. Always A Bargain 4U Soundbar, Sound Bar for Jeep Wrangler
- 1.6 06. MCM Custom Audio 60-10021 Wakeboard Speaker
- 1.7 07. JK Premium High Definition Sound Bar Speaker Upgrade
- 1.8 08. Jeep Wrangler Kicker Speaker Kit Upgrade
- 1.9 09. EasyMount Soundbar/Rollbar Speaker For Jeep Wrangler
- 1.10 10. Jeep Dodge 6.5 inch Kicker Speaker Upgrade Set
- 2 Buying consideration Points Best Speakers For Jeep Wrangler Sound Bar
- 3 Step By Step Jeep Wrangler Sound BarInstallation Guide
- 4 FAQ’s About Sound Speakers of Jeep Wrangler Sound Bar
- 4.0.1 Is It so difficult to install new speakers?
- 4.0.2 Must I connect the aftermarket speakers with new wires?
- 4.0.3 I like the quality of my system, but I need I keep turning the bass up, hoping I could get more power. What can I do?
- 4.0.4 Is it advisable to place larger speakers in the front to increase sound?
- 5 Verdict
Comparison Table of Speakers For Jeep Wrangler Sound Bar
|Mopar JK Kicker|
|Polk Audio DB651|
|MCM Custom Audio|
|Kicker Speaker Kit|
|Kicker Speaker Upgrade|
|JK Premium High Definition|
Furthermore, replacing the rears while retaining the back speakers could affect the sound quality. The very essence of this article is to expose you to the best speaker options for your jeep wrangler.
10 Best Speakers For Jeep Wrangler Sound Bar
01. The Mopar Jeep Wrangler Having A JK Kicker Upgrade
The Mopar Jeep Wrangler is an exclusive jeep audio system that premier’s big car audio performance. It houses the Kicker upgrade, which is the highest form of vehicle sound system.
Mopar’s association with Kicker has been able to produce this particular upgrade. This synergy could happen because Kicker speakers, Amplifiers, and subwoofers are designed especially for vehicles, not just any car, jeep vehicles.
The speaker is instant and quick in installation, and the sound experience cannot compare to any other.
This 6.5 Door Speaker consuming 150 Watt Max has its Pros and Cons which are listed below:
- Simple installation. The plugs fit perfectly with the OEM wiring.
- The plug and play option works fine
- Very cheap compared to other options
- At times the manual could be confusing.
- The rear speakers are of low quality
- Some complain that it spoils after a few days of use
- 150 watts max
- Left and right car doors speaker
- Weighs 2,998.2 grams
- Polypropylene cones for acoustic effects
02. The Rockford Fosgate R16742 Prime
It comes in different sizes; 4-inch, 5.25-inch, six by 8 inch, 6.75-inch, six by 9 inch. Find the one that is compatible with your jeep.
Why this speaker qualifies to be one of the best for Jeep Wrangler is because it has recessed tweeter. Simultaneously, others protrude at the sound of the main speaker.
The smallest size of this speaker has a similar sound quality to that of large speakers. The Rockford Fosgate Prime R1675*2 emits clean sound.
The dominant function of this speaker keeps it going for long without any limitation in sound quality. You can listen to the instruments clearly in a song when this speaker is on. They are affordable compared to other speakers.
- You enjoy a lot of varieties because it comes with woofers and crossovers.
- Mounting hardware and grilles which would make it easy for installation comes with the pack
- A 2-way Crossover Channel Quality
- The Frequency Response is at 52-20000 Hz
- Added speed clips, screws, wires and batteries
- Some customer complains about wrong sizing.
- Requires a 12 V battery
- Requires 45 Watt as Nominal Output Power
- Combined crossover tweeter
- Mounting grilles and hardware
- Flush mounted tweeter thin dome
- Sunken polypropylene pine cone
- Unique basket steel
- Weighs 4.5 pounds
- Mid-range driver and tweeter driver
03. The Polk Audio DB651 6.5”/6.75” Speaker
The Polk Audio DB551 is one of the best Wrangler, and it claims to have a better sound than most speakers in the Wrangler jeep history.
It can turn your vehicle into a grand concert hall. The Polk Audio is arguably the best speaker for jeep wrangler. It has a tweeter Dome and a Mica cone woofer that produces colossal sounds.
The Polk Audio runs with most applications. Its versatility can surprise you. When a speaker is highly efficient, it uses less power while it increases the output.
Furthermore, the Polk Audio performance is unmatched and has a high level of durability also. The speaker’s muscular ABS grilles add style to your car interior.
Polk Audio manufacturers have created these speakers to create a smooth frequency. Even if you play music at high volumes, there wouldn’t be any restraint because the Polk Audio has been able to remove distortions.
- It has woven leads that improves sound quality and reliability.
- The set comes with different pass crossovers
- It is a polymer/mica speaker.
- A marine certified wrangler speaker
- Comes with two foam rubber gaskets for perfect installation
- The pack arrives with eight-speed clips for easy installation.
- It is a two-way speaker.
- the sound quality might not be as superb as you think.
- The connection might not be secure if you are not electrically inclined.
- The frequency response of 35-22,000 Hz
- A pair of 6-1/2” 2-way speaker
- 6-60 watts RMS Power range
- 3/4 inch Liquid having cooled polymer Dome
- Neodymium magnet
- A multi-hole structured pattern
- Low-mass double layer 25mm Voice coil
- Lightweight speaker
- Butyl Rubber Surround
- 4 ohms Nominal self-reliance
- Nickel structured terminals placed on PCB terminal board
- The marine vessel is compatible.
04. Pioneer TS-A1680F A Series
A comprehensive list of best speakers for Jeep Wrangler cannot be complete if we fail to include the Pioneer TS- A1680F. This is one of the most powerful speakers.
The sound quality is smooth and precise with the Pioneer TS speaker. These speakers are readily available in several multi-fit installation adapters, and the flexibility of their performance can be improved drastically.
- Pioneer TS-A1680F has an excellent bass response.
- A complete blend of control and power. You can listen to energetic music without losing the music quality.
- Relatively easy to install, and you don’t need special tools to handle them.
- Acoustic performance is top-notch.
- It may be challenging to fit into car brands and may need some unique adjustment.
- The screw that comes with it doesn’t fit well, especially when you want to screw the grills.
- MICA Reinforced IMPP Woofer Cone fortified with Carbon
- 11.2 oz. magnet Ferrite arrangement motor
- Featured 88dB sensitivity
- Wire Voice Call that is heat resistant
- A 4-way 6.5” Speaker
- 80 Watt Nominal use
- 1-5/8” cone of polyetherimide midrange
- 36 Hz to 25 kHz Frequency Guage
- 3,600 Hz Frequency for Crossover
05. Always A Bargain 4U Soundbar, Sound Bar for Jeep Wrangler
The Always A Bargain 4U Soundbar is a six-speaker sound Bar that can withstand severe weather conditions.
This Jeep Wrangler soundbar has a 3-way 00-watt maximum speaker system.
Six woofers and mid-range speakers, as well as tweeters, are infused together all to give that clear sound function.
- The option of two woofers provides a superb sound quality and concert experience
- They can withstand severe weather circumstances.
- It is a budget-friendly speaker for you.
- It is a six-speaker bar construction.
- Acoustics work well if there are no tops.
- It is difficult to install, and the instruction might be confusing
- The speaker lights may not work
- The speaker wiring may not match the one in the instruction manual
- The brackets do not bolt up properly, so you would need to drill another hole yourself.
- Six speaker sound constructed on a single soundbar
- Energy usage of 200 watts at maximum level
- Two 6” woofers
- 2 2” mid-range speaker
- 2 1” tweeters
- Two short (1987-1996 YJ) fixing bracket
- 10 inches long wire Harness
- Metal sheet screw and bolts 4 M6-1.0 by 3/4 for the screw
- Four washers flat 5/16 inches
06. MCM Custom Audio 60-10021 Wakeboard Speaker
Known for its vibrant sound, it qualifies to be in the exclusive list of top speakers for Jeep Wrangler. Unlike other brands or products, the parts are reliable and can be effectively used outdoors also.
The plastic body has survived well in the rain. However, the bass is not as secure as some brands.
We shouldn’t forget the part that it is also simple to install and to remove also since it is an outdoor speaker.
It is possible for you to mount them anyhow you want them; it just depends on the roll cage available in your Jeep wrangler.
Most times, the roll cage is always positioned sideways, so you just clamp them to that bar.
- It is an outdoor speaker and can survive harsh weather conditions
- There is a woofer produced with poly cone and surrounded with rubber for effectiveness.
- Simple to use
- When it hits high volumes, it can become distorted.
- At times, the waterproof body and the metal grill lack perfect synergy.
- They sound like cheap speakers
- Energy max level – 200 Watts
- Titanium tweeter dome (25.5mm)
- ABS casing
- Weighs 10.7 pounds
07. JK Premium High Definition Sound Bar Speaker Upgrade
The JK premium high definition Soundbar speaker upgrade passes as one of the superior Jeep Wrangler sound system.
This Sound Bar has been improved with exclusive padding that gives your Wrangler the High Definition sound experience.
With a frequency max response of 20,000 Hz, this 75-watt powerhouse speaker is equipped with a Large magnet arrangement.
At peak performance, it consumes 150 watts but still gives out the Radio Sound level experience. JK premium High Definition soundbar has a brilliant design and innate capacity to give supreme volume satisfaction.
The customized glue gasket that comes with it fortifies the soundbar seal and speaker. There is no buzzing sound at high volume levels, but you can notice how weakened the amp becomes.
Contrary to people’s views about other brands, this speaker remains the very best in the market because it is specially designed for Jeep Wrangler.
The equalization network heightens the response frequency of the Soundbar. The installation process is also simple because the pack comes with a bag of Peel and Stick Gasket that eliminates all possibilities of speaker buzzing.
The 2015 High definition Sound Bar includes Acoustic padding from the manufacturers. With this padding, there is no additional padding required.
- At high-level sounds, there is no buzzing sound
- The installation process is easy because the manual is detailed and provides pictures.
- There is no spec of distortion.
- Some buyers feel that the upgrade isn’t good enough.
- 150-watt max and 75-watt continuous power running
- Coaxial two-way design speaker
- Installs in 2018 Jeep Wranglers and 2007
- Plug and Play option
- 45 Hz to 20,000 Hz Frequency reply
- HD Quality Sound
- Large Magnet Structure for solid sound
- JK-6.5HD Equalization system
08. Jeep Wrangler Kicker Speaker Kit Upgrade
If you want a music experience that is beyond standard measures of a speaker and not just any sound. The mid-range, high bass Kicker Speaker Kit Upgrade is for you.
The polypropylene cones surrounded by ribs are perfect for acoustic regulations. Typically the installation is easy and should only take ten to fifteen minutes.
The Wrangler Kicker Speaker brings a crispy and sharp level of sound to the table. However, few have complained that it spoils within days of use.
- Acoustic specific regulator
- A correct plug and play system
- Has a higher bass quality
- Very fragile and not rugged
- Some say that there is no sound difference in the Kit upgrade
- Car doors left and right speakers (2 pieces)
- Weight of 2, 999.1 grams
- Max energy level- 150 Watt
09. EasyMount Soundbar/Rollbar Speaker For Jeep Wrangler
One thing that the producers of the Easy Mount Soundbar pride themselves over is the fact that they don’t exaggerate their ratings. You can be sure to get what you see and read.
The Easy mount Soundbar/Rollbar speaker does not have exciting ratings like other brands. When you are purchasing this product, you can be sure that you are buying a 300 Watts RMS max performance speaker.
They qualify to be on the- list of the best sound system for your jeep wrangler. Furthermore, they come with improved steel mounting support and nylon steel, making them extra reliable. You can adjust the strength of the steel to withstand severe conditions.
Furthermore, the marine-grade components and materials are genuinely marine quality, unlike some other brands. The water of any kind does not affect these powerhouse speakers.
Also, the terminals are churned from solid stainless steel that is rust free. The terminals are the parts of the marine speaker that spoils quickly at first.
There is no insulated glazing or covering because they can withstand all elements of moisture for an extended period, even during use.
They are designed specifically for off-road jeeps. The large mounting screws for the roll bars are outside our outdoor experience.
It is visually appealing even if it stands out as the only instrument not infused directly to a component of the Wrangler jeep. The large voice coil works efficiently, and the high sturdy magnet of Y30 grade is the best in the market.
- The owner’s manual corresponds perfectly with the product.
- Sealed terminals and rubber gaskets for efficiency
- No exciting features. What you see in is what you get.
- An optional requirement of an extra amplifier
- Durability issues
- Superb BL Magnet Arrangement
- Special Built-in Two-Way Crossover System
- Changeable nylon mounting bracket fortified with steel
- Y30 High compaction magnet
- Large mounting screws for installation bars
- Frequency reply of 60-20,000 Hz
- 4 ohms impedance
10. Jeep Dodge 6.5 inch Kicker Speaker Upgrade Set
For spectacular audio performance. This is arguably one of the best wrangler speakers. The phantom speaker uses high-grade injection cones as well as rubber gazing.
It works powerfully on 500 watts peak power and handles different woofers, tweeters, and crossovers.
- Affordable speaker for all
- Emit good quality sound
- Tweeters and crossovers can be installed easily
- The user guide can be confusing because it lacks clear instructions
- When pushed, the speaker does not hold up.
- They don’t sound okay at low volumes
- 500 watts Max Energy performance
- Frequency gauge of 65 Hz-20,000 Hz
- 90dB sensitivity
- 4 Speaker upgrades
Buying consideration Points Best Speakers For Jeep Wrangler Sound Bar
Car Speaker Size
Car speakers come in different sizes, types, brands, structures, and even components too. There are essential needs for you to know what you are buying.
It would help you to make the right decision. First, know the type of speaker you want to purchase. Do you want a full range speaker? Do you want a complete set of component speakers?
The components are made of woofers, tweeter, and mid-range speakers. The component speaker makes use of crossovers to give the incredible audio feeling.
You may also decide to get a single unit speaker of four, which you can place in the back and the rear.
The component of the speaker is of significant importance. No two speakers are the same. Even if their shape is the same, their part differs.
So it advisable that you look into the options you have. Do you want the woofer or the crossover? Or you want both. Woofers provide speaker flexibility and assists vibration.
Whatever material used to surround the woofer should be long-lasting. Foam and cloth are alternatives for rubber.
The sensitivity of the speaker must also a buying consideration that you must consider. What is sensitivity? It is the amount of sound a speaker can emit once it receives power.
If your wrangler jeep is high powered, the best option would be to go for a low sensitive speaker. However, if it is low powered, you can go for a speaker having a high sensitivity.
Small powered is less than 15 watts. In other words, is the energy released by your car for speakers alone is less than 15 watts, you need to find a speaker that can increase the electrical workload. Any speaker that receives powers correctly produces heavenly sound.
Next to the sensitivity of a speaker, the power output is significant. Before making any purchase, check the power capability of the speaker.
It is recorded as power output, and it displays in Watts. At times, you may see ‘RMS’ (Root mean Square). RMS is just the quantity of uninterrupted power that the speaker can control entirely.
The peak power is also a significant feature that you should check. Although the RMS gives the best indication of strong or weak an audio system is, the peak power shows how efficiently it can function when it reaches extreme current flow.
Not all speakers can handle energy, and not all can control the volume and flow. Some speakers can burst, yes, literarily tear if it reaches some level.
You should also check whether high-quality materials add to the manufacturing process of the speaker. Doing all this would ascertain guarantee.
Mobility remains another consideration when you want to make a purchase. We all want to buy a speaker that we can adjust so that the sound comes in our direction.
However, not all speakers have that attribute. But getting a sound system that has pivoting tweeters can be very handy when mobility is concerned.
If you want to mount the speaker in each corner of the car, find one that utilizes the space perfectly.
You may have two vehicles, and you are planning to remove the speakers of the old one to the new one, then a component speaker remains the best option.
Weigh your options; 2-way or 3-way speaker. The three-way speaker comprises a woofer, mid-range, and a tweeter while the two-way speaker has a tweeter and woofer alone.
Car compatibility is also one of the buying considerations. You might want to alter compatibility. Maybe you feel like experimenting or something, but to be on a safer side, go for your car speaker.
Check that you are buying the one with your car’s model and make. Configuration and sizes must be equal.
Step By Step Jeep Wrangler Sound BarInstallation Guide
Installing A Car Stereo and Sound System For Your Jeep Wrangler
Materials You Need
- A pair of tweeters
- A couple of 6.5” rear speakers
- 6.5” soundbars
- Head unit having the right faceplate size
- Screwdriver, the flathead type
- A pair of Phillips screwdriver
- Converter for the line output
- Socket and set extension with ratchet
- Fiber (polyfill) or dynamic
- Special T15 Torx screwdriver
Swapping the head unit
What remains the centerpiece of any stereo system is the head unit. How can you replace it? First, you remove the tray that is placed by the manufacturer on the head to reveal a bolt that is beneath it.
Next, you unplug your switch plate found under the head unit. You would notice that there is another bolt at the back of the switches that need removal.
Pop open the panel underneath the steering wheel column so you can approach the two more belts from both sides.
In the end, detach the head unit surrounding panel after you must have unscrewed four bolts holding the head unit firmly to the console.
When sliding out the head unit, take precautions because you are going to unplug the cables behind. Then you plug in the new cables back to the new head unit.
Changing the front speakers
You can gain access to the front speaker first by detaching the side panels and glove box, and then you lower the dash panels too. When disconnecting the glove box, squeeze the sides and then yank it out gently.
Unbolt and detach the instrument panel from the driver’s side so that you can access the speaker box. The speaker compartment is firmly attached by two bolts on two different sides and another on the back too.
It is a tricky process when you are removing the speaker compartment. You would need to turn them downwards slowly to get them out.
After the speaker box is out, you remove the speaker by unscrewing those bolts at the front. Then you unplug the connector. Do the same process alternatively when installing a new speaker compartment.
Swapping the tweeters
After focusing on the front speaker, the remaining would be easy because that is the hardest.
However, the tweeters would be exposed from their housing on the car dash. Detach them carefully from the speaker and then replace them with the new ones you have.
The back speakers on the soundbar are very easy to swap. Make sure you detach the screws that hold the speaker and the soundbar.
Do this meticulously because you wouldn’t want the speaker to fall off when you are removing the final screw. Unplug the link. Insert the new speaker you have and screw it firmly to the soundbar.
Fixing Your aftermarket amplifier
To make the stereo system complete, you would require an amplifier. Some cars have an infinity sound system installed in factory mode.
There is no need for amp here. However, if you are mounting another speaker you need to put on your creative cap. Aftermarket amplifiers usually stay at the trunk.
This is where you need to make your speaker casing or bracket. The only hard part of this process is the wiring. It might not be easy to channel the power from the battery down to the amplifier.
Be sure to have an inline fuse mounted on the power cable. Then you can route wires through the sides of your car interior.
Carefully open off the clips that hold down side panels and run the cable through the carpet so that it can reach the trunk without any form of interruption.
Make sure every connection to the battery is inactive. Find a proper spot where you can access the chassis, get rid of any rust and drill a hole down the enclosure, be careful not to hit some other parts of the car.
Clip your ground to the chassis screw. Then clip the amplifier as well as the rest of the sound system.
Make sure you direct your speaker wires and the head unit cables leading to the amp in opposite directions from the power cable. Plugin your wires and then power it up. Put on the amplifier and make a sound test.
To replace a soundbar:
- Remove the T20 Tor screws from the grills. They are three in number.
- Remove the T20 Torx screws once again and unlink both speakers
- You can install one of similar type by doing the opposite.
- Link the new speaker and screw back in place.
- If you can’t install, get the service of a person who is trained and skilled in this aspect.
- No matter how absurd it sounds to you, always read the instructional manual.
- Never start the installation process without removing the ground wire from the negative terminal of the car battery.
- Do not block vents because you are installing a speaker.
- You should keep your speaker volume at a medium range.
- Take all necessary precautions as it is stated in the manual.
FAQ’s About Sound Speakers of Jeep Wrangler Sound Bar
Is It so difficult to install new speakers?
Most of the speaker comes with manual guides on how to install them. The wires are marked for you already. Mounting a speaker is relatively easy; however, if you find it hard to invite an expert.
Must I connect the aftermarket speakers with new wires?
You may decide to make your aftermarket speaker come alive with the factory stereo that it has. This would require you to use new wires, although you can make use of the manufacturers’ wire also.
But if you plan on attaching an external amplifier having 50 watt RMS or more, a new speaker wire would be the best bet.
I like the quality of my system, but I need I keep turning the bass up, hoping I could get more power. What can I do?
First, you can consider getting a powered substitute for the bass. If you want to crack open the bass control of the car, you’ll end up putting much restraint on the Jeep radio.
It is saved to add extra bass control down so that the power from the radio would circulate all through. The extra bass can also improve the manufacturers’ sound quality. Another added function that you would love.
Is it advisable to place larger speakers in the front to increase sound?
Component speakers remain the best option at this moment because you would be able to keep some hidden at different spots in your car.
Replacing the speaker in the rear with big ones depends on your choice and sound taste.
However, if you want to go bigger, remember that the rear speakers would surely need a strong bass from behind to give that considerable music effect.