Finding the best replacement soft top for jeep wrangler is not easy these days.
We have researched the current market, and come with the 10 replacement soft top for a jeep wrangler for 2 doors or 4 doors.
It’s no secret that Jeeps are meant for heavy-duty driving purposes.
While the vehicles themselves are strong on all types of terrain, the exterior is still paint and metal – and vulnerable to scratches and denting.
That’s why most drivers choose to get a soft top for their autos. Even though they are so important, it can still be tricky to find the right item.
To help, we’ve scoured the internet for the best soft top for Jeep Wranglers.
Breaking down all the benefits and tips and tricks on how to make the most of these items, you get to discover the best accessory for your Jeep and hit the open road in comfort.
- 1 A Table of Top 10 Best Replacement Soft Top For Jeep Wrangler 2 Doors/4 Doors
- 2 The Main Facts For Choosing Best Replacement Soft Top For Jeep Wrangler
- 3 The Common FAQ’s of Best Replacement Soft Top For Jeep Wrangler
- 3.1 What is the best Jeep Wrangler soft top?
- 4 10 Best Replacement Soft Top For Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, JK, TJ Buyer’s Guide of 2020
- 4.1 01. Bestop Model ID 51197 35 – Best TJ Soft Top/JK Soft Top (Our Pick)
- 4.2 02. Black Diamond Trektop NX Model: Bestop Model ID 5682035 – Perfect for Older Wranglers
- 4.3 03. Jeep Wrangler TJ by the Sierra Offroad Company- Great Denim Fabric Option
- 4.4 04. Black Diamond Frameless by Bestop Model ID: 56823-35 – Ideal for Sunroofs and Slanted Rear Windshields
- 4.5 05. Black Diamond OE by Smittybilt: Model ID 9970235 – Ideal for Versatile Purposes
- 4.6 06. Bestop Model ID: 56840-35 – Pavement Ends- Ideal for Sun Resistant Properties
- 4.7 07. Trektop Pro by Bestop Model ID: 54853-17 – Great Option for Tinted Window Needs
- 4.8 08. Supertop NX Black Twill by Bestop Model ID: 5482317 – Ideal for Sleek Simplicity
- 4.9 09. Frameless Top by Rampage Products – Model ID: 109535 – Perfect for Open Air Wranglers
- 4.10 10. Premium Soft Top by King for 4WD – Great for Rear Replacement Soft Top Purposes
- 4.11 How to Install Best Replacement Soft Top For Jeep Wrangler: Step by Step Guide
- 4.12 Do’s and Don’ts For Soft Top For Jeep Wrangler
- 4.13 Maintenance Tips of Replacement Soft Top For Jeep Wrangler
- 5 Final Thoughts of Best Replacement Soft Top For Jeep Wrangler
A Table of Top 10 Best Replacement Soft Top For Jeep Wrangler 2 Doors/4 Doors
|Bestop Option by Pavement Ends Model ID 51197-35|
|Bestop Model ID 5682035|
|Jeep Wrangler TJ by the Sierra|
|Black Diamond Frameless by Bestop Model ID: 56823-35|
|Smittybilt: Model ID 9970235|
|Bestop 56840-35 - Pavement Ends|
|Trektop Pro by Bestop Model 54853-17|
|Supertop NX Black 5482317|
|Frameless Top by Rampage Products – Model 109535|
|Premium Soft Top by King for 4WD|
The Main Facts For Choosing Best Replacement Soft Top For Jeep Wrangler
Before you spring into motion and make your buying decision, ensure first that the unit is actually compatible with your Jeep Wrangler.
Since, as vehicles adapt over time they change in terms of dimension, you must take a look at the product specifications.
Some soft tops are only meant for newer Wrangler models whereas others will only work on older vehicles.
To ensure a comfortable buying experience, consult the specific details and dimensions of the soft top in question.
Look at your owner’s manual and compare the two. If in doubt, enter your vehicle details into the merchant’s site. This gives added reassurance of the fit.
Because of the design features and virtues of Jeeps, many drivers prefer a sunroof. However, it all comes down to the climate and driving conditions.
Depending on your preference, you must seek out a soft top that allows for sunroof access.
If you do opt for this feature, make sure that it is easy to access and folds up/down simply without causing excessive wear on the system.
Otherwise, choose a unit that doesn’t include the feature and puts focus instead on different components of the soft top.
Nonetheless, it is an important consideration to look into before making your purchase decision.
It is a fairly even split between soft tops that require a factory setup and those which do not.
This makes it all the more critical to investigate the type of soft top you choose to buy – before making your purchase.
If you have done any improvements on your Jeep, especially those which involve tweaking the frame in any way, there is a good chance a lot of soft tops won’t fit properly.
Those which require a factory frame design tend will generally not fit onto different frame setups.
On the other hand, those which work with a wider range of Wrangler years afford better chances at fitting onto any type of frame.
To be safe, if you have made any post-manufacturing adjustments to your vehicle, do a thorough check on fit before buying the unit.
Soft Top Color
It may seem like a small consideration, but the color definitely matters. Though the vast majority of soft tops come in black, there are other options in grays and khaki colors.
Each of these has independent benefits depending on the values of the driver. While softer colors do show stains more, they also blend in better with any dust on the top of your Jeep.
Black, on the other hand, shows dust clearly and therefore requires more frequent cleaning for the unit to look its best.
Consider the environment you drive in. If it is dusty and dry, there is a higher chance of debris. On the other hand, if it is humid and wet, the top will get frequent rinses.
This is an important buying consideration to have the best experience.
In a world with limited opportunities for privacy, many drivers choose to get it where they can – in the form of tinted windows.
If this is important to you, take the moment to view the tinting level on the soft top (if any). Some window coverings are entirely transparent and mimic a regular glass pane.
On the other hand, some are deeply tinted and restrict the amount of sunlight entering the vehicle.
It is a game of balance; so, before you buy, consider how much light you wish to enter and visibility needs for those outside the Jeep.
Since the main features on a soft top (like the windows) function through the use of zippers, it makes sense to look into the zipper quality itself.
If you’ve ever lost a sweater or a jacket to a broken zipper, you know the frustration. Imagine this issue amplified when you can’t ‘roll’ down or up your window setup.
To prevent this, check out the options with self-adjusting zippers and heat-treated seams. These features prevent wear to the zipper itself and give you a better chance to fend off early damage to the unit.
Naturally, the part needs installation. It doesn’t, however, need to be a lengthy and tedious project.
Particularly for those completing the install on their own, you want to buy an item that is easy to set up. For those with a well-equipped home garage, this is less of a concern.
On the other hand, if you don’t have a full set of tools for all purposes, you want a soft top that comes with all the necessary hardware to equip your unit with the accessory.
Consider getting something with streamlined installation requirements to ensure you have the best buying (and setup) experience.
The Common FAQ’s of Best Replacement Soft Top For Jeep Wrangler
What is the best Jeep Wrangler soft top?
The best product is the one that meets your specific needs as a vehicle operator. Ultimately, the ideal choice is one that fits your Wrangler’s frame and will stand the test of time.
Favorite brands include Rampage and Bestop since they offer a diverse selection and quality materials.
Look for the features you need – specifically in terms of style and fit. A proper unit will have simple installation requirements, be easy to maneuver and last a long time (even with continuous use).
Opting for a model made by a reliable manufacturer is a great way to ensure quality thanks to the proven success of the units on the open market.
How much does a Jeep Wrangler soft top usually cost?
As with all vehicle accessories, prices tend to vary based on their features and quality.
Generally speaking, a soft-top will never reach the four-figure mark, meaning you are usually looking at a couple to a few hundred-dollar investments in the unit.
Typically, island tops cost more than brief soft top units.
Additional pricing criteria include the type of material, the finishing used to make the piece road-ready, and other bells and whistles like window tinting and hardware.
To be safe, budget a few hundred dollars for the entire soft top unit.
Can soft tops go through car washes?
It all depends on the car wash style. Since most models advise against high-pressure sprays, due to the damage it can cause to the seams and seals, it is better to go with a gentle cycle.
If you refer to a car wash that lets you control the direction of the water, as long as you take care of the soft top and consider its needs, then it will be fine.
Otherwise, it is better to stick to gentle car washes or simply choose to clean the vehicle by hand.
How do I install my soft top?
Installation requirements vary based on the accessory and the Wrangler. First, you need to check if the unit comes with all the necessary hardware to get the item up and running.
Otherwise, you need to source the equipment yourself. Typically, the item includes clear cut instructions on how you can go about outfitting your Wrangler with the soft top.
Stick to the guidelines and take your time. Installation is generally very straightforward and lasts only a couple of hours.
How long do soft tops usually last?
It is a matter of care and maintenance, as well as product quality itself. Generally speaking, the unit will last you anywhere from 3 to 5 years if you use it during every season.
The longer period of time tends to account for indoor parking and proper care. The lower end of the spectrum refers to heavy weather conditions and limited maintenance provided to the soft-top itself.
Since, like any fabric, it wears down over time, usually, you need to replace the piece every few years to ensure the wellbeing of the Jeep’s passengers and the overall vehicle structure.
Are soft tops safe in the winter?
While these items do work in all seasons, they are far more effective in the summer. For one thing, there is no real virtue to a sunroof in winter conditions.
Other factors include the damage caused by cold environments. The fabric can become brittle and is much more susceptible to damage.
The windows frost though cannot scrape clean, and the material is much less insulating than a hard-top feature.
In short, it is much better to stick to warm-weather climates when using your soft top. When the cold season rolls around, swap it out for the hardtop.
It will not only keep you more comfortable, but it also extends the shelf life of the soft top accessory.
Do soft tops shrink down?
They can shrink, yes. It is less of a concern in warm weather since the heat prevents the shrinking process.
On the other hand, in cold situations (like late autumn and early spring), it can be tricky to latch the unit to your Jeep.
Typically, the shrinking is a result of the physical properties of the textile in cold environments and it will regain proper size when exposed to warmer areas.
How do I care for the soft top?
Follow the indications of the individual soft top accessory. Some come with patch kits that integrate seamlessly with the fabric itself.
This addresses any tears on the upholstery. Otherwise, make sure that you wipe down the cover with a proper wash that limits corrosion risk to the unit.
Park your vehicle indoors to reduce the risk of damage in the first place. Only use the unit during warm weather for the best results.
10 Best Replacement Soft Top For Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, JK, TJ Buyer’s Guide of 2020
01. Bestop Model ID 51197 35 – Best TJ Soft Top/JK Soft Top (Our Pick)
When you look for the ideal soft top, one of the top things to keep in mind is the color. Many gears towards black since it has a chic appearance and tends to hide stains.
However, there are other shades that afford the stylishness of sleek black and have their own set of virtues. This option comes in an attractive gray and has a host of advantages unique to its color pattern.
While black may hide stains, the gray color of this unit’s upholstery blends in with any surrounding dust seamlessly.
This means that if you live in an arid environment, you require less frequent cleanings than with a darker colored soft top.
Another hidden benefit is that gray takes in less heat than darker colors, leaving the vehicle cooler against warm temperatures.
The design prevents fading and is highly durable so you can make the most out of your soft top over the long term.
- Includes soft top cloth and covering for side and rear windows
- Fit requires factory setup on the jeep for frame and tailgate bar
- The fade-resistant fabric prevents wear down from the elements
- Durable material meant to weather outdoor conditions
- Sleek appearance
- Quality material
- Sturdy design
- No hardware included
- Can’t fit Unlimited Jeeps
02. Black Diamond Trektop NX Model: Bestop Model ID 5682035 – Perfect for Older Wranglers
A critical consideration when reaching for your soft top of choice is whether it will actually fit onto your Wrangler.
If you are an avid vehicle fan, then there is a good chance that you did some work on the automobile.
Even if there was a collision that led to frame modifications, this often leaves you with bows that do not match up with factory specifications.
The great feature of this model is that you do not need to have the original design features from when the Wrangler came off the line.
It is highly versatile and offers a reliable fit for all units made between 1997 and 2006.
Since these older models are more likely to have undergone modifications, if you drive an auto from this period, you can get all the advantages of this diverse soft top option.
- Works on Jeep Wranglers made between 1997 and 2006
- Modern appearance with a sleek black fabric design
- Does not require factory bows and frames for installation
- Folds back to allow air and light in during driving
- Quick-release system allows for quick setup
- Modern and effective fabric
- Works on all bows/frames
- Compatible with factory features
- Not suited to new models
- Black fabric shows dust
03. Jeep Wrangler TJ by the Sierra Offroad Company- Great Denim Fabric Option
Especially when it comes to maintenance, it helps to have a soft-top coated with a reliable material that meets the polish well.
The vinyl coating on this option works wonders for these needs since it matches up with most chemicals used for upkeep.
It tops the denim interior and, together, they offer an incomparable level of durability over the long term.
An organic material, denim on its own is subject to quick decay which is why the vinyl adds such significant value to the soft top.
Additionally, to address any potential issues, this industry-leading option offers a patching kit so that you can get back on the road quickly and efficiently.
- High-quality vinyl material coats the interior denim for durability
- Prevents fading due to weather and ultraviolet rays
- Adjustable zippers for easy setup and teardown
- Includes stitching material to patch any holes that arise
- Heat sealing on seams
- Durable design features
- Classic soft top appearance
- Only works on 1997-2002
- Requires factory-setup on Jeep
04. Black Diamond Frameless by Bestop Model ID: 56823-35 – Ideal for Sunroofs and Slanted Rear Windshields
While all Wranglers share a great deal in common, there are definitely some key differences between units.
One of the major discrepancies between models is whether you chose a two or a four-door unit.
Generally speaking, the former is meant more for rough terrain and adventure driving, and the latter gears towards a higher number of passengers. Both have their values and both need different features in their soft tops.
The unit showcased here is ideal for a four-door setup, with a design that accommodates all the windows and frame features accordingly.
It is a high-quality piece with sturdy upholstery and quick release features that make for light work when setting up and tearing down the piece.
- Designed to accommodate a four-door structure
- Allows extra sun in with maneuverable roof setup
- Seams are heat sealed to prevent wear and tear
- Quick-release design features allow for a quick takedown
- Doesn’t require factory setup for bows and frames
- High-quality material
- Sun resistant and durable
- Works on 4 door autos
- Tricky installation
- Requires slanted rear windshield
05. Black Diamond OE by Smittybilt: Model ID 9970235 – Ideal for Versatile Purposes
If you have ever worn a piece of clothing or had a duffle bag, you know that the seams wear down first.
The same is true with Jeep Wrangler soft tops, making it extremely important to choose an item that has strong seals.
When one of them starts to tear, it is difficult (and sometimes impossible) to stop the spread of the damage.
In order to address this concern ahead of time, this soft top has heat-treated seals.
The manufacturing process strengthens these components and does everything possible to ensure the durability of the item itself.
When the seams attach firmly, then the rest of the upholstery stays firmly in place and stays functional for longer.
- Fits onto factory setup and standard framework
- Heat-treated seams to prevent wear down
- Features replacement door skins for front upper doors
- Encourages airflow with zip downside and rear windows
- Vinyl coated denim for strength and product longevity
- Self-adjusting zippers
- Simple installation
- Works on most Jeeps
- Requires factory frame
- Black color shows dust
06. Bestop Model ID: 56840-35 – Pavement Ends- Ideal for Sun Resistant Properties
Among the many trials your soft top undergoes is the damage caused by sunlight. Ironically, this is true whether your unit has a sunroof or not.
If you have ever spent too long out in the sun, you know the result: sunburn. The equivalent happens to the upholstery on your soft top when it has continual exposure to high levels of ultraviolet radiation.
Since there is no sunscreen for vehicles, it helps to opt for a fabric that prevents degradation and fading due to sunlight.
This option is great for this purpose, with the sturdy cloth that avoids the common issues of UV radiation while also preventing the rise of mold and mildew.
Together, these features prevent the two main causes of damage to upholstery and keep your accessory working properly for longer without fading and without breakdown.
- Ultraviolet ray resistant fabric used to prevent wear due to sunlight
- Cloth prevents mildew and stains in all weather conditions
- Heat-sealed seams prevent damage to the soft top
- Zippers allow for easy maneuvering in installation and teardown
- High-grade materials
- Fits most models
- Requires factory frame
- Black fabric highlights dust
07. Trektop Pro by Bestop Model ID: 54853-17 – Great Option for Tinted Window Needs
Breathing is important – to both people and to fabrics. In order to offer proper ventilation, this soft top includes features that make window access incredibly straightforward.
The fabric itself breathes well and uses the airflow to prevent mildew and mold from gaining a foothold.
With easy sunroof access, it is easy to get a breath of fresh air as you drive down the road without compromising the utility of your soft top.
The unit features gas-enabled struts to make it even easier to engage the functions; and, as a modern option, it also fits in with the Wrangler’s electricals.
The vehicle’s defroster and windshield wipers work smoothly with the accessory and let you not only get the most out of the soft top but also enhance the value of the Wrangler as a whole.
- Simple installation process via multiple different components
- Promotes easy ventilation through the side and rear windows
- Uses struts with gas power to simplify usage of the product
- Enables sunroof access via built-in design features
- Integrates with defroster and other electrical connections
- Top-tier materials
- Sturdy design
- Integrates with electricals
- Troublesome packaging
- Only works on 4 door models
08. Supertop NX Black Twill by Bestop Model ID: 5482317 – Ideal for Sleek Simplicity
One of the best parts of this choice is that it is incredibly versatile while also keeping a focus on straightforward functionality.
Basically, it works on any model made between 2007 and 2018, which easily accounts for the majority of Wranglers on the road today.
All the soft tops have effective zippers that make it easy to use all of the features like the windows without stressing the structure and risking damage.
The sunroof lets in light and air and the chic design fits in with any model.
In addition to the benefits of all the soft tops, the ones meant for Jeeps Wranglers made after 2013 have an added set of perks.
Basically, these choices are incredibly reinforced in terms of upholstery. With three fabric layers, durability and strength reach whole new levels of excellence.
Because of that extra upholstery, the newer models tend to last longer and resist damage better than most other options available.
- Three layers of fabric to increase durability (for models after 2013)
- Compatible with Wranglers made between 2007 and 2018
- Quality zippers make it easy to adjust the features
- Includes sunroof accessibility for airflow while driving
- Tinted windows
- Sunroof access
- Durable design
- Not suited to models before 2007
- Only works on 4 door options
09. Frameless Top by Rampage Products – Model ID: 109535 – Perfect for Open Air Wranglers
Though it is generally wiser to park your vehicle indoors whenever possible, this is not always a feasible goal.
Jeeps were designed for the open road and whether you are on a camping trip or rural excursion, it can be a bit tricky to find a garage in the great wide open.
The Rampage model acknowledges these unique challenges and has features that rise to the occasion.
Designed to accommodate active outdoor users, the extensive list of benefits accounts for just about all outdoor needs.
Through significant insulation, it prevents vibrations and wind resistance that leads to shaking and unfortunate noisiness for the driver and passengers.
When the sunroof is up on the system, the interior of the vehicle is virtually silent, mimicking the audio features of a hardtop perfectly.
The other key to outdoor values is that the structure prevents pools of water from building up on the soft top.
Not only do puddles of water strain the upholstery, but they are also both unattractive and damage the fabric itself.
Instead of running the risk of mildew, this design gives you the opportunity to avoid the trouble and just let the drops of water roll away.
- Sailcloth creates solid insulating features and reduces noise to the interior
- Window tinting encourages privacy and a stylish appearance
- Easy to convert to an island-style soft top for airflow
- Avoids pooling of water when you park the vehicle
- Durable material
- Unique design
- Long-lasting product
- Only includes rear parts
- Does not allow full hardtop overhaul
10. Premium Soft Top by King for 4WD – Great for Rear Replacement Soft Top Purposes
Privacy is increasingly difficult to come by in this day and age of technology; so, many drivers choose to access it whenever possible, namely in tinted windows.
Of course, it helps to know the legislation of your local jurisdiction since in some areas tinting can only be to a certain degree.
Nonetheless, it offers a level of discretion and privacy to the Wrangler’s passengers that you can’t reach with clear window panes.
This soft top choice gives you the opportunity to benefit from subtle window tinting that affords both a stylish appearance and the values of privacy to occupants.
In addition to the user-friendly zipper designs and strong Velcro features, this accessory is a fantastic option for Wrangler operators.
With two layers of fabric, it is sturdy against the elements and affords you all the standard benefits of a soft-top in addition to extra perks like UV resistance and high durability.
- Waterproof and ultraviolet resistant material for durability
- Features two layers of fabric to promote longevity
- Effective on Wranglers made between 1997 and 2006
- Strong zippers for easy access to the full range of features
- Prevents damage through Velcro and plastic design structure
- Strong seams
- Effective zippers
- Tinted windows
- Requires factory frame
- No front end parts
How to Install Best Replacement Soft Top For Jeep Wrangler: Step by Step Guide
Even for less experienced home mechanics, it is fairly straightforward to install the unit on your Jeep. Simply:
- Take the header latches beneath the visors and release them from the windshield frame loops.
- Start with the rails at the rear door and insert the frame pin into the space found atop the body to the side behind the opening of the rear door. This enables the soft top to click into the parts of the door frame itself.
- Push the door frame’s top onto the metal bar after positioning it properly.
- Next, move onto the front rails by putting the door frame’s front into the rubber seal found at the uppermost part of the windshield. This lets you clip the front rail to the sidebar.
- Tighten the knobs (beginning with the front) and repeat for all the sides of the Jeep.
- Now, loosen the straps for the sun rider and raise the bows on the side up and move them forward. Do this until they get to the windshield and you feel them lock into position.
- Once you have raised the top from the rear side, let it slide forward until you feel it lock in position.
- Take the header latch structures and flip them down before inserting the same into the slotting of the windshield. Leave them open.
- Pull out the sail panels located at the vehicle’s rear then move them forward into the rear area itself.
- Now, take the Velcro side and securely place the top corner of the rear quarter into position. Ensure that you open the window with the zipper a couple of inches.
- Moving on to the back parts, completely close the zipper on the window and replace the Velcro covering. Do this on both sides.
- Loosen the sail panels and place the rear window towards the swing gate before engaging the zipper and closing the unit.
- Move the bar for the swing gate into the allotted brackets as one of the final steps in the setup.
- Firmly shut the latches on the header and replace the sun visor units via the clips.
- Step back and marvel at your new Jeep Wrangler soft top – you’re done!
Do’s and Don’ts For Soft Top For Jeep Wrangler
There are some helpful things to keep in mind when using your Wrangler’s soft top. Some of them are fairly straightforward whereas others are more hidden and discrete.
All of these pointers are equally important to preserve your soft top for the long term.
- Clean the unit regularly with soap and water
- Use the soft top during warm weather conditions
- Employ all the features regularly to prevent mechanical atrophy
- Be gentle with the zippers at all times
- Park your vehicle indoors whenever possible
- Close the sunroof and all windows when parked
- Be rough or aggressive with the zippered components
- Let dust and debris build up on the soft top exterior
- Use the unit during cold weather seasons
- Expose the soft top to high water pressures
- Park the vehicle outdoors if you can avoid it
- Leave the sunroof down when parked
By following this advice, you will ensure the longest shelf life possible for your soft top.
Maintenance Tips of Replacement Soft Top For Jeep Wrangler
In order to keep this accessory in prime condition, maintenance is critical. Provided you clean and upkeep the product regularly, it can last almost half a decade and continue to offer high functionality. In order to do this, you should:
Clean the unit regularly
As with any vehicle part, there are some standards when it comes to cleaning the item. In order to keep the soft top in good condition.
The frequency depends on the weather conditions – if you are in a dusty area, then chances are you will need to clean the top more frequently.
This prevents damage caused by the caking of dirt (especially when it mixes with humidity or dampness). Separate the cleaning into components:
- Upholstery: Using a gentle cleanser and warm water, wipe down the surface using circular motions.
It may seem unnecessary, but keeping to one-directional motion serves you well overall to protect the fabric’s integrity.
Opt for a specific soft top cleaning agent to ensure that the chemical won’t cause fading or excessive wear on the unit.
Let the surface air dry and repeat the process every few weeks. Add on some soft top protector roughly every month to three months – depending on usage intensity.
As the unit gets older, apply the protecting coat more frequently.
- Windows: When you clean the windows, use a proper cleanser – though the needs are less precise than for the soft top fabric.
Wipe them down thoroughly using a microfiber cloth to prevent scratches (however minor). Dry the windows by hand to prevent streaking and visual unpleasantries.
- Zippers: These parts are a whole different can of worms; though, to keep the whole item intact, it definitely matters that you care for them properly.
Choose a high-quality oil to lubricate the zippers and do this regularly. It ensures that the zippers won’t get stuck in place and cause damage to the whole soft top function.
You can lubricate the system as often as you polish the soft top since they are both vulnerable to the same kind of damage.
Store the item properly
A major factor in maintenance is storing your unit properly. Opt for somewhere that is dry. This is easily the most important part.
Since it is fabric, you can see mold develop at a rapid pace on its surface. Mildew not only smells bad; it causes health issues and literally degrades the quality of the material.
In between uses, keep the unit in a dry and dark place to avoid damage. Additionally, you should store the item during the cold season. A sunroof does no one any good during the winter.
The cold wears down the fabric and its attachments, damaging the seams and making the zippers brittle. To prevent this and maintain the unit properly, put it away during cold spells.
Exercise care during setup and teardown
While true of every Wrangler accessory, it is even more important with seasonal items like soft tops.
Be gentle when installing the piece and it will last longer than if you roughly jam it into position.
It is less of an issue during the initial setup, though as users get more experienced, care can slack a little bit.
Make sure that whenever you handle the component, you treat it well. This is an essential factor of overall maintenance and ensures that you avoid damaging any parts of the soft top accessory.
Fix any issues promptly
Even if it is a small tear or a little stain, the issue only grows worse with time. To get the longest shelf life out of the item, you want to address any problems promptly as they arise.
Most units come with patch kits so that you can ensure that the thread matches the fabric perfectly. Even if you have to outsource the products, it is critical to fix the concern right away.
Tears grow larger and stains lead to mildew. Prevent damage in the long run by managing any concerns on a daily basis.
By sticking to these maintenance guidelines, you can be certain that you are doing everything in your power to extend the shelf life of the unit.
Final Thoughts of Best Replacement Soft Top For Jeep Wrangler
Now that you know what to look for, it will be easy to find the best soft top for Jeep Wrangler needs. Choose an option that fits your vehicle and style and take good care of the unit.
As long as you use the soft top properly and opt for a selection that matches your individual Wrangler, you are sure to make the most out of the soft top accessory.